Low Self Esteem?
Here’s what to do:
- Low self-esteem feeds on negative thoughts so Don’t indulge in self-criticism. Why are you waging war against yourself? Read self talk and silence your inner judge.
- You can choose to please yourself It is good to you care about other’s feelings but aren’t your needs just as important? Don’t neglect yourself!
- Don’t try to be like someone else. This leads to lack of self-worth and confidence. You are unique and you cannot be someone else. Strive to improve but don’t criticise yourself for not being as successful, beautiful, slim or as popular as someone else.
- Take life and yourself less seriously. Failure just means you are not successful YET. Everybody fails before succeeding, don’t look on it as failure but as a means to learning. Perhaps you just need a change of direction. Problems make you stronger if you strive to overcome them.
- Self worth, confidence and assuredness increase when you Focus on your needs and desires. You deserve to live life as you want. Wanting self-esteem is not selfish as long as what you want doesn’t hurt others or prevent them from living life on their terms.
- Focus on your successes. Lack of confidence feeds on your feelings of failure and inadequacy. Remember the truly successful things you have done in your life. Reward yourself when you do succeed.
- Use positive affirmations and quotes. Read them when you are feeling negative and need inspiration.
- Use visualization to help you achieve your dreams and increase your self-esteem!
- Focus on your strengths. Use them. You will succeed if you are true to yourself.
- Work at achieving your goals. If you do this your confidence will increase and you will feel positive.
- Your self-criticism will die to nothing as you will know even if you do not succeed you tried all you could. Do your best at everything you try.
- Feed your brain. Read inspiring books – they will really help you. Not just any books though, read the best.
The above suggestions are steps you can take on the road to building your confidence and successful in your daily life. If you start on this road you need to keep at it. Others will sometimes knock you down so you need to be strong and listen to your heart.
Believing in yourself is all about focusing on your strengths. You must be honest with yourself and be true to your feelings. Don’t pretend to be anything that you’re not and don’t listen to others who try to convince you that you are wrong. Trust your intuition and your feelings to make the right decisions and decide today which direction you want to go.